Luscious lips can be easily achieved with a little bit of effort. There are quite a few things you can use from home to achieve that perfect pout.
How to get:
Don't let your lips go without lip balm for a long period of time. This will cause dry, chapped and irritated lips and it won't appeal pleasant to people who look at you.
Don't smack your lips or repeatedly wet them. It cracks your lips and sometimes causes a small rash to appear above your lip.
Do not smile while having chapped lips, if you do your lips will split-not pretty. Make sure to put lip balm on your lips before those ear-to-ear grins.
How to get:
- Exfoliate your lips every three days to get rid of dead skin cells and to smooth your lips. You can use a lip scrub made of honey, sugar and vaseline.
- Make a point of applying a good plumping lip balm every evening before you go to sleep and in the morning when you wake up.
- For a truly luscious pout, place a teabag in hot water and seep. Remove the teabag and let the water cool. Place it on your lips for about three minutes and your lips will be amazingly soft.
- To make lips appear larger, apply a small amount of shimmery, white shadow above the cupid's bow of your lips. In addition to that, when applying lip-liner, go slightly outside of your natural lip line. Don't go overboard, it will make you look like you shouldn't be wearing makeup, but just a little bit will make your lips look bigger. When choosing the right lip liner for you, make sure it is the same color as your natural lip color, or a slightly darker color.
- Keep a lip balm in your bag and use it when necessary.
- Wear lip-gloss or a lush lipstick to enhance your pout, and reapply frequently.
- Before you apply lipstick, exfoliate lips. Gently rub a damp washcloth over your lips or use a toothbrush to remove excess skin. Be careful not to go overboard - too much exfoliation can lead to dry, bleeding, irritated lips - definitely NOT lush.
- If you would like to look sexy or hot, use red especially for that special occasion.
- If you can't afford a lip exfoliant, get a pinch of brown sugar (it's softer than granulated sugar) and put a little drop of water. Rub in circular motions, and rinse lips. Don't lick it off because it can cause your lips to dry out even more!
- If you suffer from generally dry skin, rehydrate by drinking more water each day. This will automatically make your lips softer and plumper.
- Cheap lipsticks can dry out your pout, so rather save up and buy a more expensive product. It will be worth it in the long run.
- If you can't afford lip-gloss, Vaseline (or any petroleum jelly) will do just as well. And it makes a great lip-moisturizer, too!
- Use a dab of your rich eye cream on your lips every time you apply - your lips will thank you!