2. "Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be."
3. "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
4. "I'd rather have a lot of talent and little experience than a lot of experience and little talent."
5. "The main ingredient of stardom is the rest of the team."
6. "Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do."
7. "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of being."
8. "Ability is a poor man's wealth."
9. "The athlete who says that something cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."
10. "You can't live a perfect day with doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."
American History quotes
1) “I have no other view than to promote the public good, and am unambitious of honors not founded in the approbation of my Country.” George Washington
2) “Diligence is the mother of good luck.” Benjamin Franklin
3) “Give me Liberty, or give me Death!” Patrick Henry The speech was given as an opposition to the English Crown in 1775, however, this quote will always be heard wherever there is oppression of freedom. Life will not be worthwhile without being able to do the things we want to do.
4) Determine never to be idle...It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing.
5) “A house divided against itself cannot stand.” Abraham Lincoln
6) "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." Theodore Roosevelt
7) “I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.”
J. Robert Oppenheimer
Quoted from the man who is the father of the atomic bomb.
8) “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.” Martin Luther King Jr.
The person who fought for equal rights with a peaceful advocate.
9) “Mr Gorbachev, tear down this wall!” Ronald Reagan
Led to the collapse of the Soviet Union.
10) “You are either with us, or against us” George W. Bush
The culmination of the war against terror that changed the United States.
1. There is only one happiness in life -- to love and to be loved. -- George Sand
2. What I needed most was to love and to be loved, eager to be caught. Happily I wrapped those painful bonds around me; and sure enough, I would be lashed with the red-hot pokers or jealousy, by suspicions and fear, by burst of anger and quarrels. -- St. Augustine
3. "When you are in Love you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams." -- Dr Seuss
4. Women wish to be loved not because they are pretty, or good, or well bred, or graceful, or intelligent, but because they are themselves. -- Henri Frederic Amiel
5. The best thing about me is you. -- Shannon Crown
6. Pleasure of love lasts but a moment, Pain of love lasts a lifetime. -- Bette Davis
7. If you love me, let me know. If not, please gently let me go. -- Anonymous
8. You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly. -- Sam Keen
9. To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. -- Heather Cortez
10. The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. -- Helen Keller
"Committing a great truth to memory is admirable; committing it to life is wisdom."
"A single conversation across the table with a wise person is worth a month's study of books."
"He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever."
"Since the house is on fire let us warm ourselves"
He gains a great deal who loses a vain hope. Italian Proverb
Big mouthfuls often choke. Italian Proverb
Only the spoon knows what is stirring in the pot. Italian Proverb
"The woman who tells her age is either too young to have anything to lose or too old to have anything to gain." - Chinese Proverbs
"Kissing is like drinking salted water: you drink and your thirst increases." - Chinese Proverbs
"A great fortune depends on luck, a small one on diligence." - Chinese Proverbs
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."
"Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life."
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
"Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it"
"Women might be able to fake orgasms. But men can fake whole relationships."
"Women get the last word in every argument. Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument."
"The great question that has never been answered and which I have not yet been able to answer, despite my 30 years of research into the feminine soul, is: What does a woman want?"