Without the hypocratic conservative bites, all over the world, it has been established as the icon of adult entertainment. The PLAYBOY Magazine. They uninterruptedly publish and entertain adult entertainment features for nearly 60 years. Looking back at history we tried to find out Playmate Firsts, in chronological order.
- First Playmate: Margie Harrison (Miss January 1954) in the second issue of Playboy.
Marilyn Monroe, who was featured in the first issue, was the only one to appear as "Sweetheart of the Month".
- First Playmate to be chosen three times: Marilyn Waltz (Miss February 1954, April 1954, and April 1955 — her first appearance was as Margaret Scott)
- First and only month in Playboy history to not have a Playmate — March 1955 (no issue published)
- First centerfold (two-page): Janet Pilgrim (Miss July 1955)
- First fold-out centerfold (three-page): Marian Stafford (Miss March 1956)
- First foreign-born Playmate: Elsa Sorensen (Miss September 1956) was born in Denmark.
- First Playmate born in the 1940s to appear: Elizabeth Ann Roberts (Miss January 1958) appeared at age 16 and remains the youngest Playmate ever featured.
- First Playmate twosome (two in the same month): Pat Sheehan andMara Corday (Misses October 1958)
- First Playmate to fill out a Playmate Data Sheet (not included): Marianne Gaba (Miss September 1959)
- First Playmate to become Playmate of the Year (1960):
Ellen Stratton (Miss December 1959)
- First Playmate to have died: Tonya Crews (Miss March 1961) died in an automobile accident on Aug 7, 1966.
- First foreign-born PMOY: Christa Speck (Miss September 1961) was born August 1, 1942 in Danzig, Germany.
- First Canadian Playmate in US Playboy: Pamela Anne Gordon (Miss March 1962)
- First Asian-American Playmate: China Lee (Miss August 1964)
CLICK HERE TO FIND MORE INTERESTING STORIES...